Why would you want to come to me for coaching?
People come to me usually as they want to create change in their lives or work. Change can create a feeling of stress or even some anxiety - as the emphasis is on wanting things to be different and that might feel destabilising. It can be like lifting one foot off the ground and wondering where you are going - leading to a sense of imbalance and uncertainty. Coaching helps you find the confidence to keep moving forward - knowing that the foot that is on the ground is stable and will support you as you take the next step.
What does coaching involve?
In coaching, you will firstly CENTRE AND CONNECT and then GET CLEAR AND CONFIDENT.
It means taking a break from your daily routine and rush and focusing in on some of the basics
- What are your skills?
- What are your values?
- Where does your real energy and passion lie?
It’s like taking a breather from your own potentially incessant questioning and hitting the refresh button – standing still and giving yourself space to think in a less cluttered way. Talking out loud gives you the chance to actually hear what you are thinking!
How does it work?
There are 4 parts to the process;
CENTRE AND CONNECT involves looking at –
- What do you already have – your skills, strengths, aptitudes, preferences, what do you actually stand for and want to be known for at work and in life, what do you want to build on?
- Where do you want to go? By first connecting to your sense of self, you can begin to live again in the realms of hope and possibility, allowing yourself to imagine, create and feel you can lift that foot off the ground.
GET CLEAR AND CONFIDENT involves –
- Letting go of some of the limiting beliefs and patterns, the fears and anxieties, the doubts and blocks to moving forward.
- Developing clear plans for how to stride out with certainty and trust both in yourself and the landscape around you.
Hannah (theatre director) - 'I really appreciated the personalized experience that I had with Mary as my coach – especially as the sessions were completely tailored to my needs. It’s opened up new ideas and reinforced the path I am currently following, boosted my confidence and articulated my skills and how to present them in application and interview format – a really useful mind-shift!'
Jack (Sales Manager) - 'Having Mary as a coach has helped me a great deal. When I started coming to see her, I was pretty down but, if I look at my life now, I'm much happier and I feel like I'm really on a path for personal growth'.
Elena (Senior Project Manager) - 'Mary offers a beautiful and peaceful environment for her coaching sessions. She is professional and compassionate. The sessions gave me added focus and support at a time when I wanted to make changes in my life, including overcoming a long standing fear. Thank you Mary'.